Monday, March 23, 2009

San Francisco

San Francisco - February 16, 2009

Just got back from San Francisco and while I was there made my pilgrimage to Haight-Ashbury. I love this part of the city. Walking thru the area is a throw back to a time when music was an essential part of the culture and ideas of a generation and it still resonates. Plus it just a great place to pick up some t-shirts and stuff!

If you get there make sure to visit Haight-Ashbury T-shirts. Wall to wall and the ceiling are covered with shirts of every band you can imagine including vintage concert shirts. Also don't forget to walk over to 710 Haight to see where it all started for the Grateful Dead and The Fillmore, The Independent and Golden Gate Park.
I am going thru the new emails sending me in some very cool shows. I am starting to put them up now and will get caught up. Keep them coming in.

Don't Forget! This is a site of music fans so please send me your shows. I am looking for anything for any show you saw. Scans of ticket stubs, photos you took, posters, newspaper ad or write ups and especially your stories about the show. Just send it to me at bear@clevelandrockandroll.com and I will credit you with the submission on the site.

Thanks again to everyone for all your help. I will keep updating the site each and every night until I get all of the info posted. Man it takes a long time to type!

Peace out.
Bear

0 comments: