Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Mistakes

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Mistakes - Originally Posted February 23, 2009

The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremonies are coming in April to Cleveland and it started me thinking. Who is not in the Hall Of Fame that should be?
There are many, many great artists and bands that are missing. It's great to see Jeff Beck being inducted this year but Run DMC? Last year The Dave Clark Five rightly were inducted but going in with Madonna and the Beastie Boys seems to take some of the luster off the honor. Until last year I really didn't have a problem with the inductees on the past (okay Michael Jackson bothered me in 2001) but a dance queen and rap artists going into the "Rock And Roll" Hall Of Fame bother me a lot especially before some great "Rock" artists that seem to be overlooked each year.

Off the top of my head and in my opinion (for what that matters) Stevie Ray Vaughn, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osborne, Genesis, Doobie Brothers, Cheap Trick, The Moody Blues, The Guess Who, Three Dog Night, Deep Purple, Rush, Electric Light Orchestra, Todd Rundgren, Lou Reed, Jethro Tull, Blue Oyster Cult, Chicago, Yes to name a few who deserve to be in the hall and keep getting passed up.



I don't understand how these artists (and many more I have missed) are passed over for Madonna, Run DMC, etc.

Enough of my rant. Tell me who you think should be in and who should not be in. Go to http://www.clevelandrockandroll.com/ and vote.

I'll post the results the week of the induction ceremonies in April.

Nuff said, at least till next week

Peace Out

Bear

0 comments: