Friday, March 26, 2010

Thank Goodness For American Idol!

Thank goodness for American Idol!

I know, I know. Your probably saying “Are you kidding me?” or “Have you lost your mind?” or “Bear are you hitting the stash again?”

Ahh ……not yet it’s still early

What I mean is, whenever I am having a hard time coming up with a new story all I have to say is “Thank goodness for American Idol!”

This week it couldn’t get better for me. You all know how I love to hate this show. I’ve done stories on the failure rate of these “idols” it produces, stories on the rigging of the results, stories in general about just what a crock of s___ this show is but this week might be the best of all. Of all of the so-called musical geniuses they could have brought in to give “guidance” to these future superstars of music, they brought in the best yet…..

Miley Cyrus!

Yes I said it right or as Joe Biden would say, Miley F______ Cyrus.

First thing I thought of when I heard this was, as bad as this show is they have officially “Jumped The Shark”.


Miley Cyrus mentoring singers. Isn’t that like Stevie Wonder mentoring the drivers of NASCAR?

Seriously what musical guidance could Miley Cyrus bring to these kids? Could she bring her vast catalog of music to the show…….ahh no. Could she bring her decades of experience in the music world to them…….ahh no. Before any of you get in an uproar about bashing Miley did you listen to her sing on the show? That's all I got to say. Love it when my point is proved!

Look American Idol (and all of the American Idol apologists that will be sending me their emails) if you call it like it is “a staged reality show” then I don’t have a problem with it but to sit there and tell me these are the best new singers in the country week after week is a crock. Look bringing in the Miley Cyrus’s of the world onto this show isn’t going help to produce the next Dylan, McCartney, Lennon, Bono, or even the next Colbie Calliat, Adele, or Jason Mraz. It’s just going to get more pre-teens watching the show, going to the Top 10 tour and then forgetting about all of these singers within a year. (Can I say Adam Lambert who?) Producing the next inductee into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.....ahh no.

I’m going to miss you Simon when you leave. After this show fades away what is going to give me that last minute inspiration for a story. Oh wait! Simon’s next show….

Nuff said, least till next time
Peace Out
Bear

0 comments: